• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling a Trademark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nancynew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
What constitutes a fair price to sell a trademark? Is a 6 year period long enough to relinquish any compensation for sells involving the use of the trademark sold. Should I agree to having to pay for any cost related to my trademark after I sell it. I am not currently using the trademark and have been offered an amount, which I have no idea if it is a fair price. Thank you for any help,

FlyingRon

If you're not using the mark in commerce anymore, you're likely to lose it anyhow (with compensation). Take what you can get. I'd certainly disavow any responsibility for other people's use of it.

We can't tell you what a fair price is, we've got no idea what the market is and whether the mark has really any value at all.

The Occultist

How about you consider this: you're no longer playing with the toy, you were just gonna set it back in the toy-box anyways, but now one of the other kids wants to give you a candy bar to play with the toy that he could have just taken out of the toy-box anyways. You planned on not receiving any compensation whatsoever, so any amount of compensation should be worth it, right? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">