• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

short end of the stick need help..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justadis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

am starting a record company with a business partner, and in all actuality he is providing most of the monetary support for our work. I on the other hand create 90% of the music we put out and am the creative force behind our projects. I am in the process of coming up with my end of our deal as business partners (i.e. % of the company, what i would want in the event we liquidate etc etc) now my question is how do i make it so that in the unfortunate event of us liquidating the company, do i keep rights to the my created work and still maintain full usuage of the music, i.e. performing selling or distribution thereof the work? and also if there are any recommendations or advice someone can lend me for my situation. my biggest concern is his advantage of having more money than myself. any advice will help.

divgradcurl

All you need is a contract written up that you both agree to and sign, that spells out what happens in the event of dissolution of the partnership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">