• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Software My company wishes to steal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silhouett

Massachusetts

At my job I service telephone systems, voice mails etc..

While doing this I realized the need for or possibility of a product so I began writing software at home on my own time. My company liked what they saw and asked if they could try it. I said ok ...

After a while and as I updated the software from home. They said how much do you want for the product.
I told them and they asked if I intended on selling it to any one else I said not if you guys want to buy all the rights to it. They asked me how much and then said we will get back to you.

In about a month they asked if they could have a 90 day eval and I said ok..

30 days passed and my manager called me in to his office and said the owner wants to offer you $1000
for your software but he wants all the rights to it. I said no, that's not even what I asked for and that I have put a lot of my own time in to this. He added that the owner resents me in that I am an employee of the company and that
He doesn't think he should have to pay me at all, the software should be the companies.

I said no I did it on my time, you guys never paid me and that's not how it is. He said well $1000 is his offer
I said well the software is worth more then that and he doesn't have to buy it, I can sell it to someone else.
He added the owner says if I sell it to anyone but his company I will be fired on the spot...
He said they will say it is a conflict of interest since the software works with networks and a phone system
we sell they will say I am in conflict with their rules.

My question is do I have any rights here and what to do ?

The Software I wrote is at my web site below!!!
Software WebSite

My email is:
:mad: :mad: [email protected]

M

MSWCCC

Leave the company and take the software with you. If you stay, they will probably try to use it or bully you out of what may be worth tens of thousands or more. And no, they do not own software that you developed in your own time off the clock. Otherwise my fiance's workplace would own the model ship he is building. But it CAN be a conflict of interest. So leave the company or be prepared to not sell or even have your software stolen. If that happens, what is the chance of winning in court? So leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">