• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold "counterfeit" NFL jerseys on Ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

packersfan137

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

So basically I bought some NFL jerseys from a wholersaler in China. I put a few of them on Ebay. The next thing I know I have a law office that represents Adidas sending me an email/letter. They basically want me to sign a documents that says where I got the jerseys, agree to never sell them again, and they want to know how many/how much I made. They also want me to send any "counterfeit" jersey which I have. They caught two of them on Ebay and I only have one of those still... They also want me to send a monetary payment of $375 for "attorney fees and cost in connection with the sale of the Illegal Merchandise." This is a legit law office and they have all my information...

I basically have to do what they say right?

bahstonsox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

So basically I bought some NFL jerseys from a wholersaler in China. I put a few of them on Ebay. The next thing I know I have a law office that represents Adidas sending me an email/letter. They basically want me to sign a documents that says where I got the jerseys, agree to never sell them again, and they want to know how many/how much I made. They also want me to send any "counterfeit" jersey which I have. They caught two of them on Ebay and I only have one of those still... They also want me to send a monetary payment of $375 for "attorney fees and cost in connection with the sale of the Illegal Merchandise." This is a legit law office and they have all my information...

I basically have to do what they say right?
I would suggest stop selling them, take down the listings and inform them you have discontinued selling them and you didn't know they were fake .

Just because they are a law firm and have your information doesn't mean it is worth their resources to pursue you over a few hundred dollars.

You don't have to pay them anything just stop selling the Jerseys.

justalayman

I would suggest stop selling them, take down the listings and inform them you have discontinued selling them and you didn't know they were fake .

Just because they are a law firm and have your information doesn't mean it is worth their resources to pursue you over a few hundred dollars.

You don't have to pay them anything just stop selling the Jerseys.
this is a duplicate post. That means they posted an identical post. There are answers in the OP's other post but you probably shouldn't post there if you are going to post such horribly wrong advice.

a few hundred dollars; the OP is getting off easy with the $375. OP could be sued for thousands of dollars, and would lose. It would be in the OP's best interest to pacify the lions that are ready to pounce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">