• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone accused me of stolen content, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CanZuchinni

Hi, i want to know something about copyrights. Do they have to prove anything before claiming copyrights? I just got an email saying i stole someone's 2 seconds sounds of his voice on my website for a program. He told me to remove since i am making money off my website. Now what? Do i just say okay i'll remove it or does he actually have to prove that he owns it or something? It sounds really easy for someone to contact you and claim copyrights. It's a scary situation. Can anyone shine light on this situation for me?

LeeHarveyBlotto

Hi, i want to know something about copyrights. Do they have to prove anything before claiming copyrights? I just got an email saying i stole someone's 2 seconds sounds of his voice on my website for a program. He told me to remove since i am making money off my website. Now what? Do i just say okay i'll remove it or does he actually have to prove that he owns it or something? It sounds really easy for someone to contact you and claim copyrights. It's a scary situation. Can anyone shine light on this situation for me?
Someone owns it. If it isn't you, remove it.

quincy

What is the name of your state, CanZuchinni, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Here is a link to the US Copyright Office website: http://www.copyright.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">