• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sports teams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csdd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I just purchased a Sign company and in the purchase I acquired Multiple CD's with Corporate logos, Sports teams logos, and vehicle logos. The company I purchased used to sell team logos as stickers all the time. I would like to do the same but I am not sure if I can use there logos with out the possibility of getting in trouble. Most of the Sign companies around here sell them all the time and when I have asked them, they have said that I can as long as I have purchased the software with the logos.

Do I have to get permission from the NFL , MLB and, so on to sell these stickers?

If I do, How do I go about doing that.

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I just purchased a Sign company and in the purchase I acquired Multiple CD's with Corporate logos, Sports teams logos, and vehicle logos. The company I purchased used to sell team logos as stickers all the time. I would like to do the same but I am not sure if I can use there logos with out the possibility of getting in trouble. Most of the Sign companies around here sell them all the time and when I have asked them, they have said that I can as long as I have purchased the software with the logos.
What does the license agreement that came with the software say about use of these logos? Unless the software company obtained a license to grant a license to print up stickers and resell them to anyone who bought the software -- and this is highly unlikely, even extremely unlikely -- then just because the software has the logos in them doesn't give you the right to use them.

Do I have to get permission from the NFL , MLB and, so on to sell these stickers?
If you don't have a license -- and you probably don't -- then yeah.

If I do, How do I go about doing that.
Contact the NFL, the NBA, etc. Each organization will have a licensing arm that will be able to handle these sorts of inquiries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">