• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stole my niche in a small market.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shirtsup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska
:mad:

I run and operate a small scale business in Anchorage. Basically I do graphic design and silk screening. My main niche, is an attraction I do around town called live screen printing. Basically I setup and print tees specially for events, concerts, etc.

Another local business, whom has claimed to be a big fan and also stated what an amazing marketing tool it was, has recently started doing it as well around town. Granted, I understand people do this all over the world, but its the simple fact this guy played a sheep and asked questions out of curiosity, stating he would never do what I do.

There has to be something I can do here. It frustrates me, that after all the work and preparation I've put into this, especially the creativity, has just easily been stolen.

If the opposing business owner also worked for one of my venders, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? He works a freight forwarding company and has been stealing my tools and secrets of the trade for his own furthering his business.

I know ethics are no part of law, but I was just hoping that I may be missing something here or there is in fact something I can do.

FlyingRon

There's no conflict of interest or IP issues here. Your great idea wasn't so great that would guarantee yourself any sort of monopoly here.

If a freight forwarder is "stealing your trade secrets" then you're not keeping them sufficiently secret.

shirtsup

I understand this, and indeed it is no great monopoly. Basically, a lower tier employee of my freight vendor, has been interested in what we do for the past few years now, always asking questions, strictly for his 'own' personal use, and an eager interest in the art and trade. Now he has begun operating in similar manners, 'stealing our niche' and attempting to take our clients. It is frustrating due to where we are located is fairly remote, so my options for shipping and receiving are few and limited. What he is stealing is my pricing, vendor lists, client lists, etc. due to the company he works for and is starting up.

There has to be something?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">