• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen Domain Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oordk

What is the name of your state? WA
The domain name for a fire district was changed by a person who quit as the web master. This person took the web name and started a web site with it. The district can show purchase of the site, the reciepts for the purchase. It can also show how this person has changed the registrant information about everyday. After the police contacted him about the allegde crime he then put the information back into his and and claims he owns it as Registar.com shows it. What can be done? My husband with the direction of the fire chief turned over said evidence to the police. The accused now wants to sue my husband for defamation, is there a case since the police find that he is guilty and it can be proved? He never publicly accussed him of any crimes, just present said evidence to police. Secondly, this person was given the chance to return the domain name. He is now publishing slander on this web site againt the department and my husband. what can be done?:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">