• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking credit for giving worldwide rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shekhar

Hello friends,

I want your help on a matter on which I have very little knowledge.

Recently a publishing house has contacted me to get rights of two of my articles on economics which I wrote on my blog.

They intend to publish these two articles in a forthcoming textbook on International Marketing and they want non-exclusive worldwide rights, including print and electronic eBook rights, in all languages, to reproduce my two articles in the current and subsequent editions of their forthcoming textbook.

This textbook will be having approx. $72 price tag with almost 11000 copies in its lifespan.

They have asked me how I would like to be credited in lieu of getting them the rights as asked by them.

Since I have never came across such kind of situation before, I am unable to understand this getting credited thing.

Should I ask them for a fixed monetary compensation? If yes, how much?

Or should I request them to just give a reference of my blog in the index of the book?

Or should I do something else?

Kindly advise. I am confused.

Regards

ShekharWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

I'd get money plus a reference to your name and website.
You didn't indicate what state you were in.

shekhar

Hi,

I am not from US. I am based in India.

So how much money should I demand from them.

Regards

Shekhar

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">