• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are these names too close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasculs

State I'm In: NJ

I'm interested in a name that is for a martial arts gear company, uniforms, shirts, etc..

There is another company that is Real Fight Gear that is trademarked and under Section 8

I'm interested in the name Reala Gear (Reala means "real or practical" in Esparanto)

Are these names too close? Thank you.

Last edited:

quincy

State I'm In: NJ

I'm interested in a name that is for a martial arts gear company, uniforms, shirts, etc..

There is another company that is Real Fight Gear that is trademarked and under Section 8

I'm interested in the name Reala Gear (Reala means "real or practical" in Esparanto)

Are these names too close? Thank you.
Because Real Fight Gear has used their mark to identify their goods and services since 2002, and the company has used it as an identifier for both clothing and martial arts goods, it is possible that there could be some confusion generated among consumers should you use Reala Gear to identify your own martial arts related clothing and goods. If there is a likelihood of confusion with your use of a similar mark on the same type of goods, you may find your use challenged by Real Fight Gear.

You can either have your proposed mark and products reviewed by a trademark law attorney in your area, or you could choose an entirely different name (which might be your best and cheapest option).

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">