• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tlhIngan Hol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Well, shoot Blue. I guess those of us in the Midwest and on the East Coast will have to make plans to meet up at a New York Comic Con sometime ...

... not that I am that fond of comics, or the thought of a bunch of grown people dressing up as comic characters. :)
Sorry...I will likely never do that...But!! If you are ever in the "hood...Let me know. I will take you out to LS. (you won't have to put on pointy ears!!):cool:

quincy

Sorry...I will likely never do that...But!! If you are ever in the "hood...Let me know. I will take you out to LS. (you won't have to put on pointy ears!!):cool:
Hahaha. Yes, I would likely never do that, either. :)

(I already HAVE pointy ears ... )

CdwJava

Do you and Carl live in your parents basements??:eek:
This is CA - we don't do basements. :)

Just kidding...HUGE ST fan!!

Have fun Guys!! :)
I used to go when it was simple tickets, back when I worked down there in the 90s, but stopped going when it became hard to get tix and they became non-transferable. Since my oldest boy turned 15, he and I have gone every year. This will be our 8th year going together (he's 22). He goes for the Hollywood stuff (and keeps getting invited to insider parties, an MTV confab in L.A., movie screenings, etc.) and I go for the SciFi, books, comics, and general geek scene.

CdwJava

Well, shoot Blue. I guess those of us in the Midwest and on the East Coast will have to make plans to meet up at a New York Comic Con sometime ...

... not that I am that fond of comics, or the thought of a bunch of grown people dressing up as comic characters. :)
Have you SEEN some of the girls?! Yoiks! AM I glad I don't have daughters!

CdwJava

Oh yeah...I forgot that a basement is not a country wide thing. Pretty much everyone here has one...

I hope you and Carl have a great time. Give my best to Worf. ;)
To get autographs from the Next Gen crew, you usually have to pay a fee at a booth (I think it's Paramount). :mad: I'll post some of the pics, perhaps.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yanno, Comic-Con aside, Blue and I live less than 100 miles apart. We really should meet for lunch in the middle sometime.

quincy

Have you SEEN some of the girls?! Yoiks! AM I glad I don't have daughters!
I have daughters but, fortunately, the younger ones still like to dress as Disney characters (Elsa, Rapunzel, Cinderella) and the older ones are not interested (so far, fingers crossed) in dressing like Cat Woman, Wonder Woman or Poison Ivy. :)

Although I like Halloween, I just do not see the fun as an adult in dressing like a comic book character for any event - unless the adult appearing in a comic costume is the adult who appeared as the character in a film.

BUT, I understand I am probably in the minority here.

I DO find the Paramount copyright lawsuit over the Klingon language an interesting one, though - rather stupid on Paramount's part but interesting nonetheless.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although I like Halloween, I just do not see the fun as an adult in dressing like a comic book character for any event - unless the adult appearing in a comic costume is the adult who appeared as the character in a film.

BUT, I understand I am probably in the minority here.

Not with me, you're not. I don't see it either. And what's more, I don't like Halloween.

Unfortunately for me, my husband does.

FlyingRon

Oddly, this is not the first time copyright on a language has come up. There are other artificial languages used for linguistic research and the like. While you can copyright a dictionary or grammar book, the underlying words and syntax are usually not regarded as copyrightable. The thing Paramount may also assert is trademark on "Klingon" but I don't think there's anything in the language that's really been used in commerce and there's no reason why trademark rules would apply any differently to Klingon words than for English ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">