• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TM name, it's being used - now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sande Vucinaj

I have completed an on-line search of the name I want to Trademark. I found 2 that are both similar in name and product. Where do I go from here? Can I add to the TM name or is it not likely this would be accepted either by the USPTO? (ie: TM in question is "Savage", product is a pen -- if a search comes back with "Savage Series" and "Super Savage" both of which are pens -- does this mean I cannot use the name "Savage" OR can I add to the name (Savage Pens)??)

Also, there are many on-line companies that will file with the USPTO rather than paying attorney fees. If I have already performed the search: what are the benefits to me (in going with one of these companies or an attorney)?

Please help!! Thank You!!

Sande,
Michigan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">