• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TM & virtual businesses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katrianna

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I operate a business online in a virtual economy but I make some money (usd)
there's someone who makes lots of competing businesses and harassed me and my business and he or she is using a screen name of course. But I use my own name and my business is real and registered in this state. When I try to stop the person from spreading lies about my business and harassing me, they think it's a joke. The owners of the virtual platform don't get involved in petty arguments...and it does seem petty but to me it's my income and reputation that's being messed with.

Now the service terms say that if anyone has a real life business and contacts them when a business inside the virtual world and the real business name is being used they will take it down. That's their poolicy. After being harassed anonymously by this jerk for 2 years I am planning to register and use his business name in real life and contact them to take down his business. He won't do anything because he doesn't want anyone to know who he is ...he's made that clear.

I'd like to ask what you think could happen. Worst case is they step up and register their own business and reveal their name...but good because they won't be able to get away with the anonymous harassment etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">