• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TOYS--patent or trademark???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcprue

Hi, eventhough i live in Canada i'm sure the answer to my question is the same, so if you are american and can answer, by all means please do--her goes: If I invent a toy (for example lets say i invented the frizbee), and i wanted to manufacture or sell the idea; how do i go about protecting it so it doesn't get stollen; do i patent something as simple as a toy/frizbee or do i get a trademark??? what is the best way to proceed with mass producing my idea and keeping it safe from others at the same time??

thanks for any help,

D

darreltheresaz

trademark ,copyright toys

Hi ,
Ido not know much about patents.Copyright laws will protect any one from copying your work, and trademark I believe will protect the name of your product & company no one will be able to use the name you have chosen.You may need to get all three on your product. I believe the Barbie doll toy is protected by copyright laws, Trademark law, and a patent. I have gotten most of my info off the internet ,and at the library. I hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">