• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this trademark infringement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

satchmo

What is the name of your state? NY

I am advertising a product on the internet that is a competitive product of another company. I use the name of the other product as a keyword in pay per click search engines to push people to a page that honestly compares the ingredients of the two products. The people then have the option of purchasing the product that I am selling. I do not use the other companies images at all. Simply the name. Is this trademark infringement? They are sending me nasty notes and I was under the assumption that I was ok since I am not dilluting their name at all.

Thanks in advance.

T

tijaco-wv

satchmo said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I am advertising a product on the internet that is a competitive product of another company. I use the name of the other product as a keyword in pay per click search engines to push people to a page that honestly compares the ingredients of the two products. The people then have the option of purchasing the product that I am selling. I do not use the other companies images at all. Simply the name. Is this trademark infringement? They are sending me nasty notes and I was under the assumption that I was ok since I am not dilluting their name at all.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Satchmo,

still using other ( trademarked ) names as a keywords for your own product is a type of infringements - companies was succesfully sued because that. Also when you mean it honestly - you're using the name of the other product for your profit to sell your product.

racer72

Kodak just won a court case against Fujifilm USA for theft of services by deception, Fuji had Kodak listed as a metatag to the Fuji site. It is actually a pretty lousy way to do business, it would be like listing your phone number with your competitors name. I will not do business with scum that have to cheat to get customers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">