• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Infringement? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

satchmo

What is the name of your state? NY

I have an internet business that sells different products. Some of my products are purchased through the manufacturer in quantity and then sold at a discount. I am not an authorized reseller of the products. They do not want me selling the products because I undercut their own prices. They seem to have no problem selling me the products though.

I received a couple of threatening letters/emails about Trademark Infringement/Dillution, etc.

Am I doing something illegal?

Thanks.

HomeGuru

satchmo said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I have an internet business that sells different products. Some of my products are purchased through the manufacturer in quantity and then sold at a discount. I am not an authorized reseller of the products. They do not want me selling the products because I undercut their own prices. They seem to have no problem selling me the products though.

I received a couple of threatening letters/emails about Trademark Infringement/Dillution, etc.

Am I doing something illegal?

Thanks.

**A: yes.

HomeGuru

satchmo said:
Some of my products are purchased through the manufacturer in quantity and then sold at a discount. I am not an authorized reseller of the products.

**A: I refer you back to your post. You are not an authorized reseller of the products. You can buy, but you cannot sell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">