• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Infringement in Relation to Goods/ Services Covered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Molly12

I have a federally registered trademark for educational services but I regularly use the mark on products like t-shirts and buttons etc. Recently a clothing line has started using my mark on their t-shirts.

Can anyone site any cases similar to this, where decisions have been made, so that I may get an idea of what the law is in a situation like this?

LdiJ

I have a federally registered trademark for educational services but I regularly use the mark on products like t-shirts and buttons etc. Recently a clothing line has started using my mark on their t-shirts.

Can anyone site any cases similar to this, where decisions have been made, so that I may get an idea of what the law is in a situation like this?
Your first step would be to have an attorney send them a cease and desist letter. What kind of a mark are we talking about. Is it something really simple that they could have come up with on their own, or its is something more complex that they clearly had to have copied from you?

quincy

I am afraid you have not provided enough information, Molly12, to narrow down the thousands of trademark suits to one or two that you might find helpful.

I see in another thread that you live in California.

Is your trademark on the Principal Register or the Supplemental Register?

For others, here are links to Molly's two other threads:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/copyrights-trademarks-39/movies-books-infringing-trademarks-601322.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/copyrights-trademarks-39/do-sites-like-yellowpages-have-obligation-help-enforce-my-trademark-600930.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">