• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark and large accounting organization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsktcase

Hello,

I operate a website called www.myCAsite.com . The site is dedicated to helping university students in Canada interested in becoming Chartered Accountants (a CA is the Canadian equivalent of a CPA). The body that oversees CAs in Canada is the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. Their copyright policy is as follows:

www.cica.ca/item19732.aspx

"The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants", "CAmagazine", and the CA logo are trademarks or official marks of the CICA. You are not permitted to use any of these marks without the written consent of the CICA.

The issue is, by using CA in the URL, am I in violation of the CICA's copyright or trademark policy? Note that I am not using the CA logo on my site, and there is a disclaimer indicating that I am not affiliated with the CICA.

Although this is a Canadian legal issue, because it is rather straightforward, I believe the application of US law would probably result in a similar interpretation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">