• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Licenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DAVIDL

I own a registered trademark (Federal) in the U.S.A. for hemp clothing. I am considering the possibility of selling licenses to use my trademark. Does anyone know if I can sell licenses to 50 different parties in 50 different states if I chose to? As well, does anyone know where I can get information on "QUALITY CONTROL", which would have to be implemented in any license agreement? Thanks ! Dave

ALawyer

You can license 200,000 people. Of course, the more people you license, the more restrictive you are on their use of the license, the less any one may be willing to pay.

As for quality control, that's a business issue, and I'd not try to copy a clause from someplace and hope it works. If this is going to be a business, you really want to get some personal advice both on the business aspects from someone who has "been there" and the legal issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">