• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademarking a name for a social network site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalBeagal

I live in California.

I would like to trademark a name I am using for a social network site. However, the membership is free and I am not selling anything.

When I was filling out the Trademark application it asked the date I first used it in commerce. So I drew a blank. Is it technically commerce if the service is free?

I don't want my application to get rejected...and lose out on the processing fee.

divgradcurl

I live in California.

I would like to trademark a name I am using for a social network site. However, the membership is free and I am not selling anything.

When I was filling out the Trademark application it asked the date I first used it in commerce. So I drew a blank. Is it technically commerce if the service is free?

I don't want my application to get rejected...and lose out on the processing fee.
It doesn't matter whether or not you charge anything for your service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">