• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TrademarkQuestion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arizonayogaguy

What is the name of your state? Arizona

We have several names of nutritional products we would like to trademark, but the cost to federally trademark them is not in our budget at this time. Can we just file a state trademark and still somewhat be assured the names are ours?

Thank you for your help.

racer72

Your state trademark would not be valid outside the state borders. If someone from another state wanted to use your products names, you could do nothing. My state does not trademark or copyright names or designs, does yours?

A

arizonayogaguy

Thank You Reply

Thank you for the information. Arizona has a trademark service through the Secretary of State, but like you stated, it will not cover federal protection. It only costs $25, as opposed to $600+ for Federal. Thanks for the help.

A

adsurgeon

Federal TM

Someone here said federal tm is $600. Untrue. It's about $325. I did mine online. It's fast, and easy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">