• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to submit photos for registration.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

draft34

Last June I applied for copyright on a wooden product I've been selling and manufacturing for years. Not knowing any better I only submitted CAD drawings online through the ECO website. The U.S. Copyright office recently emailed me asking if I wanted to remove the reference to an actual "3d sculpture" from my application since I only submitted technical drawings. I contacted a copyright attorney who said I could go back and submit photos of my wood product to the copyright office through the online ECO registration system. Just my luck the ECO registration system is offline and there is no date as to when it will be back online. How can I get these photos to the copyright office? Can I reply to the email they sent me and send them as an email attachment? I emailed the copyright office asking if I could send photos that way but they never replied. For all I know their email doesnt work either.

quincy

Last June I applied for copyright on a wooden product I've been selling and manufacturing for years. Not knowing any better I only submitted CAD drawings online through the ECO website. The U.S. Copyright office recently emailed me asking if I wanted to remove the reference to an actual "3d sculpture" from my application since I only submitted technical drawings. I contacted a copyright attorney who said I could go back and submit photos of my wood product to the copyright office through the online ECO registration system. Just my luck the ECO registration system is offline and there is no date as to when it will be back online. How can I get these photos to the copyright office? Can I reply to the email they sent me and send them as an email attachment? I emailed the copyright office asking if I could send photos that way but they never replied. For all I know their email doesnt work either.
You can contact the Copyright Office at the following numbers for instructions (and perhaps an update on data center's system outage): 202-707-3000 or 1-877-476-0778 (toll free)

I thought you would be contacted by the US Copyright Office letting you know of your application error, by the way. It is a simple error to correct.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">