• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using another company's game pieces

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Krakit

What is the name of your state? New York

Is it legal to purchase game pieces from the company that produces them and use them in an independantly produced boardgame?

Specific hypotheticalexample:

I order 10,000 plastic submarines (used for the boardgame "Battleship) directly from Milton Bradley via their parts replacement service.

I independantly manufacture a submarine racing game and include four of the plastic submarines purchased from MB with each game (to be used as tokens).

The plastic pieces have no markings on them (no TM or any other writings).

The pieces are not changed by me in any way.

Am I infringing on Milton Bradley's copyright?

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Krakit said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Is it legal to purchase game pieces from the company that produces them and use them in an independantly produced boardgame?

Specific hypotheticalexample:

I order 10,000 plastic submarines (used for the boardgame "Battleship) directly from Milton Bradley via their parts replacement service.

I independantly manufacture a submarine racing game and include four of the plastic submarines purchased from MB with each game (to be used as tokens).

The plastic pieces have no markings on them (no TM or any other writings).

The pieces are not changed by me in any way.

Am I infringing on Milton Bradley's copyright?

Thanks,
Carl

**A: would these subs be nuclear in nature and the game playing somewhere in the Middle East?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">