• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Competitor Names on My Company Website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Synergy Chat

Hi I am in Florida.

I would like to mention our competitors for a comparison of features for visitors of my website.

For instance: Skype: Requires blah blah blah unlike my company

Am I allowed to mention another website when comparing and not linking to it? Of course I would not bad mouth.

Also, would I be able to use their logo in the comparison or just their name in words?

Thanks for the help. This seems like an awesome resource!

The Occultist

I don't necessarily have a legal answer for you, but I will point out that Android, a smart phone OS brand, has essentially been bashing the iPhone in their commercials.

EDIT: Of course, they never once used the word "iPhone" in their commercials, but I'm fairly certain that Apple has "lower case 'i' attached to a word" trademarked in some fashion due to the branding mark it implies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">