• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Website PUBLICALLY POSTED Users PRIVATE INFO! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torinogirl

What is the name of your state? OH

PLEASE HELP! There's a "work from home" website that is PUBLICALLY creating nasty pages about some of it's users! They are posting all the users PRIVATE info, right down to their IP ADDRESS!!
I am one of the many people who reached the cash out amount of $50 and asked for pay. They banned me from the site under false accusations then created a page about me. This has happend to many other people who have also reached cash out amount. I understand freedom of speech and that people can say what they want on their website, but I pay good money to have a private email address and I don't want my personal info shared with the world in that fashion!

I have read through their privacy policy over and over again. It says that you can not hold them accountable for losses or damages. It also says that you give them the right to use the ideas you contribute to their site however they want. But NO WHERE does it say they will share info with a third party LET ALONE post your private info on a PUBLIC ACCESS SITE!!!

Please help! I am not the only person this is happening to! Many of us have families with young children who we protect. We pay good money each year to have our addresses and phone numbers kept out of phone books. We don't want our information plastered all over the place. It's so crummy because we all joined this site to make a few extra dollars for our family and now we worry about weirdos showing up at our doorstep.
I think anyone can agree that this is a dangerous situation! What can I do?!

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

The Occultist

Phone numbers, addresses, and IP addresses, regardless of what money you pay to keep them out of phone books, are deemed public information, and there is not really a whole lot you can do here unless they are defaming you (maliciously spreading damaging lies), but that is not related to the public information they are freely allowed to post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">