• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What costs are associated with IP suites?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randomguy42

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Hi,

I was just wondering what sorts of costs can be associated with an IP lawsuit? I understand there is no set price and every situation will be unique but, I am trying to get a general concept of what both parties would need to pay for and what an average cost might be.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Last edited:

justalayman

ip law covers a very broad swath of law. There are myriad divisions of IP law and each have their own function. Beyond knowing what the suit was about basically, any aspect of the suit could invoke myriad other complications that would drive up the cost to put on such a suit.

Of course, if you get to very basic issues, the fees of any particular lawyer can vary greatly from: I need a sandwich so I don't starve this week to I'm looking at making a point to my friends and building the largest private yacht in the world ranges of fees.

Look at the Apple/Samsung suit of recent time. I believe there was a cost of litigation listed somewhere on the internet. If you can't find it, just start writing numbers with at least 6 zeros following.

the basic costs:

filing fees and attorney's fees. After that it is case dependent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">