• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does the "rights and permission" section on the copyright entail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Truth2984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Despite having other names on my copyright, am I right in assuming that I retain the rights for the material submitted since my name is the only one in the "Rights and Permissions" section?

FlyingRon

You should keep all your questions in the same thread.
I already gave you the information to accomplish what you want in the other thread.

Being listed in section 5 DOES NOT give you *ANY* rights. PERIOD. NADA. It is just the contact point for someone wishing to contact the rights holder about the rights.

You did read the INSTRUCTIONS that came with the form you are attempting to fill out, or is everything in your life from legal issues or forum participation pure guesswork on your part?

Truth2984

So what is the right way to go about getting the other two to defer the rights to me? Do I just need a written statement saying so or is there a special format they need to sign?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">