• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I kept the items for myself?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desperate23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello All

I found some sites in China that use Paypal so no worries about getting ripped off. My question is if I buy some fake/counerfeit Puma shoes and a rolex watch for MYSELF and NOT for resale, is that legal? I do not want to go to jail for buying something cheap because I can't afford to buy the real ones.

Thanks

FlyingRon

While criminal charges are unlikely, you are deluded if you thing that buying counterfeit merchandise via Paypal is going to be economically safe. Paypal will not stand behind you if you get ripped off. Further, counterfeits are regularly intercepted at the border. You stand a good chance of losing your payment and never getting your goods.

This is not the "how do I get away with breaking the law" forum.

Last edited:

desperate23

wow how mean

flying ron
I dont know why your upset and dont care!
My question was innocent and meant to AVOID breaking the law, and nothing else...this is why we all come here for advise NOT to be put down.

Your in the wrong in your mean reply. And your wrong about paypal...they do cover you and so would my bank. So before you give out advice maybe you should do your homework. As this is not the wrong advise forum...see how it feels..take care and GOD bless as you need it!

FlyingRon

You knew it was improper when you asked the question, what you were worried about was whether you'd get caught and go to jail.

And I answered that it was unlikely. I did however give you good advice as to the fact that even without criminal charges being likely, you're going to lose the money you seem to have in sufficiently short supply not to buy legitimate goods.

You are mistaken. Paypal will not cover you, your bank will not cover you. You might convince a credit card that you use to back a paypal payment to cover you, but even that's not a lock.

Do what you want. You've been warned.

desperate23

wrong again

Paypal does and has covered me many times. And so will the bank if I note non receioet of goods...

Not nice to make fun of people with little money...any one readng this would see your a jerk and you know it...

This is my last reply as I have a life and apparantly you dont!

FlyingRon

Paypal does and has covered me many times. And so will the bank if I note non receioet of goods...

Not nice to make fun of people with little money...any one readng this would see your a jerk and you know it...

This is my last reply as I have a life and apparantly you dont!
Non receipt is different than confiscation by federal government.
I'm not the one who has consistently resorted to insults. I only gave you fair warning that is in compliance with the law and the PayPal user agreements. If you choose to think you can violate the law and deal with the various risks, I'm not one to stop you. But people have come crying to this forum after PayPal hasn't made good on things like this and neither has their bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">