• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What type of trademark to get?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Camby

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me here...

As a specific sport coach, I am planning on setting up a website (I have the domain name, and checked to see it is clear in terms of trademark) to promote the sport and athletes. The site can be a resource to provide information about recruiting, events, etc.

Eventually as the name grows, I'd like to host sporting events in the name I am planning to trademark, and possibly have shirts and other products with the name screenprinted/imprinted for sale.

I can see how in one way the name will be used for SERVICE, but eventually would it be considered GOODS? I'm not sure which of the two I should apply for. I wish I could apply for both, but it seems I can only choose one. Which one should I select?

In terms of a specific description for the use of the name, what do you think might be applicable here?

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">