• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who owns the Rights to Screen captured Photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Highmind

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I have been viewing a web cam in BC, Canada online,and took some screen shots
through the web cam.
Do those photos belong to the owner of the web cam?
I am considering using some images for book.

Highmind

elaboration

My request for elaboration was not a reiteration of
that I can not use the photos,but
what the laws might illiterate re/web cams and the internet. In addition this web cam is in Canada,another factor.
If you have anything that would pertain to that,I would appreciate it. Are you a lawyer?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My request for elaboration was not a reiteration of
that I can not use the photos,but
what the laws might illiterate re/web cams and the internet. In addition this web cam is in Canada,another factor.
If you have anything that would pertain to that,I would appreciate it. Are you a lawyer?
US Law Only

IMPORTANT NOTICE

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS PAGE WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM. Thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed questions and answers in 130 legal categories are to be found at the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com.
FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding. Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com. Copyright since 1995 by Advice Company. All Rights Reserved.

quincy

The law you are looking at is the Copyright Law - visit U.S. Copyright Office for a copy of the Act and information regarding the criminal penalties for using another's copyrighted material without a license or permission from the holder of the copyright.

Copyright protection for copyrighted works is similar around the world, due to international copyright treaties. You can Google the Berne Convention and the GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) for additional information.

The bottom line is that you are not the copyright owner and you do not have the right to use the copyrighted material without permission from the holder of the rights.

Highmind

thankyou

I wasn't interested in using copy righted material surely.
But thank you for the url..I will follow thru.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">