• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will a part of my website's name infringe a famous trademark?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

great88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York (But it is about a website and it will be accessed from all over the world)

A part of my website name has trademark name of a big and very famous multinational corporation,

but that word is also widely used to provide a service scheme by many governments all over the world. Both the services have no relation when it comes to products, only the word is same, but the service/product is for a totally different purpose and has nothing to do with each other and are in totally different category.

So would that be illegal and an infringement of their trademark by my website's name? I really need some help, please and thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">