• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

world altering concept!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ckutz

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Question:
I have an idea that in all reality could affect every household in the entire world. I have spoken briefly with a Patent Attroney and he was somewhat downtrodden on getting a company to buy my idea and market wihtout their desire to have me sign over my rights to the idea/invetiontion. So i tried calling up some places and they pretty much ask me to forfiet my rights claiming that they probably have experts working on my idea already.

Well, this seems like a catch 22, but this concept is so simple and ingenious that i'm sure it would have been marketed already if thought of, so i really want to move forward on it without losing my rights. I will not sign anything, but how do I get in this concept happening. I do not want to be the manufacture, i just want to find a company who desires to change the world and get rich along with me. sounds impossible but this idea is huge if someone wants to embark and invest.

Any ideas on what path to take here?

thx

Last edited:

L

loku

Unless you have a reputation for successfull invention, probably few companies would even listen to your idea, no matter what it is, and those few that do would not want to invest all the money, expertise, and time on an idea and still allow you to have the rights to it.

So what others do in your situation is try and raise the money needed to produce and market the invention. If it is a great idea, you may be able to get people to invest in a company to produce it.

O

onetabbykat

I agree with loku...most places won't go on idea alone...especially if you are not well known in inventions...reason being, they won't waste their time and money on words...
but if you market it yourself and show people whats in your mind, and if people like what they see, thats when they jump on the bandwagon...

M

MSWCCC

Everybody starts somewhere though. If it's good enough, perhaps you can surrender rights for royalties? If yo don't do anything else, you may not make any money at all. So something would be better than nothing. But make sure to keep indisputable records just in case it isn't "already being worked on."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">