• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11 month delay of diagnosis, lung cancer , wrongful death.they killed my mom!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trenton g

I have been researching the MICRA/California civil code sec 3333.2. I have 4 brothers and one sister, and basically this MICRA states for my mothers wrongful death we are entitled to a mere $250,000. Please give me an edge in factoring the economic damages and whatever else I could use to effect the appropriate or a better appropriate, monetary damage message that I would like to send to these neglegent crooks. (please excuse my indignant attitude.)
:mad:

Last edited:

vrzirn

In this forum, on 3/30, you received a very detailed reply to your question fron IAAL.
The law is the law and if you are looking for a million, you are not going to get it..As a matter of fact, first you have to prove your case to be awarded the 250K. Your attorney's fee comes off the top.

D

David.v.Goliath

I could be wrong but i think Calif has a $500,000 cap on Death in med-mal? The $250,000 cap is shamefull. I know i will never undergo any more surgery unless its in a state with no caps on med-mal. States with small caps like calif attract doctors that have a lot of mal-practice claims against them. That pretty much tells you what kind of doctors practice in those reformed states. These caps produce very low malpractice premiums for the doctors and they have a much larger profitt line and they are less likely to be sued when the damage caps are not worth a good attorneys time. Med-mal cases cost $25,000 to $50,000 to bring to court and with 40% going to the attorney ther's not much left of the $250,000. Call you congressman..tell him or her that your fed up with tort reform..start a grass roots campaign in your area, get signatures, votes will turn a legislators head.

racer72

Sue the tobacco companies for billions!!! They should pay because Americans are too ignorant to know smoking is going to kill them. Yes, your mother killed herself, nobody else stuck a cigarette in her mouth and lit it. Get real man, place the blame where it belongs. And don't say I don't know what I am talking about. Both my mother and mother-in-law died from smoking. They killed themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">