• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

this is the 2nd time in 61 days i have had my transmission worked on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Josh3jm

What is the name of your state? ohio
About mid to late Feburary I had to take my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix in for service. The Internal and External wiring harness on my transmission needed to be replaced. Exactly 61 days later the entire transmission went out. There were metal shavings in the "pan" and according to the dealer I bought the car from 6 months earlier they are not in the wrong. I find it hard to believe that when the transmission was worked on the first time there were no indications of a larger problem. My caeer up until this incident was as a field manager for a large parking company in Ohio. I was required to travel frequently, since I can not travel I have since had to find another occupation. What are my options if any??? Thank you freeadvice.com for helping so many people with their problems.

djohnson

I personally don't see that you have a case. Someone else may jump in here and disagree. You purchased the vehicle used, so there is buyer beware. You should have had it checked at that time. You don't mention it having a warranty or extended warranty on it, so you likely bought it as is. Not being able to travel would be your problem since the dealership made no guarantees on the car. That is the reason a lot of jobs that require travel want the employee to have reliable transportation. That would be up to you to get. By you cutting corners and getting a used vehicle, you will not likely gain anything from your choice. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but likely all there is to it.

H

hexeliebe

The Internal and External wiring harness on my transmission needed to be replaced.
These can be replaced without taking the transmission apart in the same manner as would be required for an overhaul or inspection.

I agree, unfortunately you don't have a cause of action.

The ONLY way you could have had an action against the repair facility is if you stipulated they give the transmission an overhaul inspection and they failed to find the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">