• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 year old injured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

help36461

What is the name of your state? Alabama\

My 6 year old son was riding his 4-wheeler with his helmet on and had an accident. The brakes seemed to have failed. His head is swollen. So far he's had 2 CT's and they were clear, no signs of permanent damage. But he seems depressed about the swelling and the way he looks. I am so scared because he is very swollen. He has 27 stiches and some bruising. He was released from the hospital today. Is there grounds to pursue a law suit? If so, should I sue the manufacturer or the retailer where I purchased the 4-wheeler. In February of this year, we bought 2 -wheelers and a dirt bike from this retailer and have taken them back several times because they weren't working properly. I am mad about my son's accident. My husband and I witnessed him trying to stop it and my husband tried to catch it but he was too late. Please reply.

seniorjudge

help36461 said:

My 6 year old son was riding his 4-wheeler with his helmet on and had an accident. The brakes seemed to have failed. His head is swollen. So far he's had 2 CT's and they were clear, no signs of permanent damage. But he seems depressed about the swelling and the way he looks. I am so scared because he is very swollen. He has 27 stiches and some bruising. He was released from the hospital today. Is there grounds to pursue a law suit? If so, should I sue the manufacturer or the retailer where I purchased the 4-wheeler. In February of this year, we bought 2 -wheelers and a dirt bike from this retailer and have taken them back several times because they weren't working properly. I am mad about my son's accident. My husband and I witnessed him trying to stop it and my husband tried to catch it but he was too late. Please reply.
Q: Is there grounds to pursue a law suit?

A: Yes, I think the idiots who allowed this child to get on this machine should be sued for all they are worth.

help36461 said:

My response:

Some parents in Alabama are just too stupid.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shell007

help36461 said:

So...you knew that they were not working properly, YET...YOU LET YOUR 6-YEAR-OLD ride it anyway???? :confused: :confused:

Actually, I'm not confused. We need an "idiot" smiley on this site.

However...I do wish your son well. :)

On the other hand....your son was just release from the hospital today, you say you are worried, yet you're first concern is how to sue someone for $$$$$.

Now I am confused. :confused:

Last edited:
shellandty said:
So...you knew that they were not working properly, YET...YOU LET YOUR 6-YEAR-OLD ride it anyway???? :confused: :confused:

Actually, I'm not confused. We need an "idiot" smiley on this site.

However...I do wish your son well. :)

On the other hand....your son was just release from the hospital today, you say you are worried, yet you're first concern is how to sue someone for $$$$$.

Now I am confused. :confused:

My response:

There should be no confusion, Shell. It's quite simple, and understandable.

IAAL

help36461

seniorjudge said:
Q: Is there grounds to pursue a law suit?

A: Yes, I think the idiots who allowed this child to get on this machine should be sued for all they are worth.
Well, thanks for the reply but I am not an idiot. I regret that I purchased the 4-wheeler however, they are sold every day and I bought the right size and a helmet for my child. I didn't ask advice to be humiliated or insulted. My child was injured and I just wanted to find out if I had a case. We didn't have major problems, it was mainly minor problems. We were watching him. How were we suppose to know the brakes would fail? Don't act as if you never made a bad decision. We are all human and fall short. May God have mercy on you. Thanks anyway!

help36461 said:
Well, thanks for the reply but I am not an idiot. I regret that I purchased the 4-wheeler however, they are sold every day and I bought the right size and a helmet for my child. I didn't ask advice to be humiliated or insulted. My child was injured and I just wanted to find out if I had a case. We didn't have major problems, it was mainly minor problems. We were watching him. How were we suppose to know the brakes would fail? Don't act as if you never made a bad decision. We are all human and fall short. May God have mercy on you. Thanks anyway!

My response:

Who, in their right mind, would put a 6 year old on a "killing machine"? You gave us no facts, other than your "conclusions." For all we know, your kid is not mentally equipped to stop such a machine.

You see, this type of action is what "trailer people" do. They have no common sense.

IAAL

help36461

And I Have No Other Choice But To Reply To All The Stupid Replies That Were Made. Firs Of All I Am Not Trailer Trash And Secondly I Am Not Seeking Money. All Of You Who Made The Smart Remarks Can Learn To Be More Respectful Towards Others.

help36461 said:
And I Have No Other Choice But To Reply To All The Stupid Replies That Were Made. Firs Of All I Am Not Trailer Trash And Secondly I Am Not Seeking Money. All Of You Who Made The Smart Remarks Can Learn To Be More Respectful Towards Others.

My response:

You caused the injuries. Your child should be taken away from you. You're no "parent."

IAAL

S

shell007

help36461 said:
And I Have No Other Choice But To Reply To All The Stupid Replies That Were Made. Firs Of All I Am Not Trailer Trash And Secondly I Am Not Seeking Money. All Of You Who Made The Smart Remarks CanLearn To Be More Respectful Towards Others.
You know...sometimes legal advice IS NOT what people need. All they really need is a good dose of common sense.

I do hope your son gets better.

How about this....get off of the internet and go and lay by his side and THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS that you still have the opportunity to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">