• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

9 year old chokes on jalepeno stem from dominos pizza

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heidy_gamez

My family ordered pizza on 08/07/16 from dominos and my 9 year old sister choked on a quarter length jalepeno stem that was on our pizza. We contacted dominos about this and I received a call the next day asking if I still had the jalepeno stem, which I do, and that they were going to further contact me so they can send the jalepeno stem to a lab. I originally was told that I was going to receive a email in 5-10 mins, but hours went passed and I still didn't receive anything. So I called and finally they sent me an email asking for pictures of the stem which I sent them. The next day I received a email saying that the pictures were going to be forwarded to a 'appropriate team' so they can proceed with this situation. I feel like dominos is just trying to brush me off and trying to get me to go quiet. which I'm furious because my little sister was choking so bad that I had to perform the Heimlich maneuver to make her spit up her food.
-California

FlyingRon

You're not ENTITLED to anything. Anything that Dominos wants to do is purely goodwill for them.
You have no damage. I have a hard time that a stem warranted a heimlich but even if it did, you still have no claim.

AdjunctFL

I feel like dominos is just trying to brush me off

Domino's may or may not be liable for anything but it's a guarantee that won't do anything at all until they have conducted their own investigation. It's only been THREE DAYS. Give them time to see if they want to do anything.

Silverplum

What do you expect? A free pizza=maybe. One or more dollars=Excessively, extremely unlikely.

It's a matter of damages. She has none, you aren't the one who ate the stem, so...nothing.

adjusterjack

Agree with the others. Dominos may offer you a few bucks "go-away" money but you won't be entitled to anything else.

1 - Situation resolved on the spot.
2 - No injury.
3 - No medical treatment.
4 - Stem is a natural part of jalapeno, no negligence.
5 - No $.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">