• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice about faulty brakes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jay0707

I took my truck in to Good year and paid over 700$ to get my brake pads changed out, my rotors resurface and my brake fluid flushed. I went and picked it up the next day and tried to take it home which is approximately 10 miles away. When driving home I nearly got into an accident because my brakes wouldn't stop my truck in a reasonable amount of time. Whether going slow or fast it took about 7-10 times longer to stop. I then call them and take it back being furious about it but keeping my calm. They check it out over the night. They told me that three mechanics and also the store manager tested it. Again trying to drive home I had the same difficulties braking. Not only did I waste quite a bit of time and gas but they put my family and I's lives in jeopardy twice. I took it to someone else and had it fixed. My question is what should I do. I don't think I have a case to sue since I didn't actually get into an accident, but at the same time it isn't like McDonald's where you get a refund and its fine. We nearly lost our lives, I'm not sure what my options are. I do not want to just let it go.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I took my truck in to Good year and paid over 700$ to get my brake pads changed out, my rotors resurface and my brake fluid flushed. I went and picked it up the next day and tried to take it home which is approximately 10 miles away. When driving home I nearly got into an accident because my brakes wouldn't stop my truck in a reasonable amount of time. Whether going slow or fast it took about 7-10 times longer to stop. I then call them and take it back being furious about it but keeping my calm. They check it out over the night. They told me that three mechanics and also the store manager tested it. Again trying to drive home I had the same difficulties braking. Not only did I waste quite a bit of time and gas but they put my family and I's lives in jeopardy twice. I took it to someone else and had it fixed. My question is what should I do. I don't think I have a case to sue since I didn't actually get into an accident, but at the same time it isn't like McDonald's where you get a refund and its fine. We nearly lost our lives, I'm not sure what my options are. I do not want to just let it go.
US Law ONLY. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The most you can expect is reimbursement of the cost for getting the problem fixed.

OHRoadwarrior

What are you claiming they did wrong? One of 2 things appears to have happened....

1. They incorrectly bled the lines
or
2. The pads and rotors were not "bedded in" which is something the driver should do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">