• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on restaurant experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mind Star

What is the name of your state? New York

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum - but it's the closest I could see that might relate to my question.

Had a bad "roach" experience at a restaurant - found one in my food. I'm terrified that there might have been more, because I had gone through part of the meal already.

Restaurant merely offered to replace the meal - as if I would eat after that!

What's the best way to proceed?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Mind Star said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum - but it's the closest I could see that might relate to my question.

Had a bad "roach" experience at a restaurant - found one in my food. I'm terrified that there might have been more, because I had gone through part of the meal already.

RAID works great on roaches.

racer72

Another entry in the deep pockets lottery. The restaurant is only has to replace the defective product (which they offered) and pay for any damages you suffered (there appaer to be none, the yuk factor is not considered damaging). If you think you are going to make some money off this, you are sorely mistaken.

Betty

Roaches are low in calories & carbs I believe. :eek:)
In all seriousness, I would follow Zigner's advice.

Mind Star said:

Is it too late to smoke the "roach"?

xylene

Mind Star said:

A repuatble restuarant would have offered a refund and some free drinks...

That said: bugs and food go hand in hand. It is extrmely likely you have eaten plenty o' bugs dining out and in. And plenty of rat turds too.

But it really is the salad bar attendant with hepatitis you need to worry about. :D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
After reading this thread again, it struck me that I'd really like to hear some of OP's GOOD roach experiences...

Betty

Every time I see a roach,
Glorious thoughts go through my mind,
They look so yummy crawling on the floor,
That I must eat them with some wine.

Some don't seem to share my thoughts,
That roaches are good food,
Obviously they have never had a roach,
Baked, sauteed, or barbecued.

("poetry" by B.M. Corson)
OP - we're just teasing with you - I wouldn't want a roach in my food either.

Qtip

You're lucky they didn't charge you extra! (for the extra protein):)
Mind Star said:

rmet4nzkx

Amazing ****roach Facts

AMAZING ****ROACH FACTS
http://www.thaibugs.com/Articles/roach.html

The New Zealand Y2K Readiness Commission has given new meaning to the phrase 'millennium bug'. The commission employed Ken, a computer-generated ****roach, to urge New Zealanders to hoard essential supplies in case the world ended on New Year's Eve, 1999. In the event that you found yourself starving, however, the commission helpfully included the following 'succulent' ****roach recipe in its press kit.

Simmer ****roaches in vinegar. Then boil with butter, farina flour, pepper and salt to make a paste. Spread on buttered bread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A164648

ezmarelda

La Cucucaracha
In a brandy snifter, pour equal parts tequila, cointreau (or any triple sec) and Kalhua. Mix and set on fire (preferably with a cheap red Bic lighter). Serve with a straw and consume in one go, preferrably with a crowd hooting and laughing to cheer you on.

There is a lot of sugar in this drink and sugar is a hangover's best friend. You feel the effects if you overdo it. But it's such a lovely night… ;)

http://www.musicalspanish.com/flashdemo2.htm :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">