• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airbags in Toyoto Camry 2007 DID NOT OPEN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raji_accident

Recently I met with an accident. I was driving a 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY, bought brand new @ a dealership. I was driving on a highway @ 70~75 miles per hr. I lost control of the car and the car toppled 4 times. The car is completely damaged and totalled. I was hospitalized for almost 10 days. I was under ICU for almost a week. 7 doctors worked on me to bring my life back. My left hand has damaged. TOYOTA claimed that they have 7 Airbags installed in the car and I got the TOYOTA CAMRY purely for safety reasons. Now I regret big time. None of the air bags opened and because of which I suffered serious injuries.

I need some legal help and advice as to how I can fight the battle with TOYOTA and make sure that they live upto the expectations and standards that they claim of. Especially in regards to safety they should never lie to the consumers.

I would have attached the pictures if I knew how to do it on this post.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.

racer72

No auto manufacturer claims the SRS (supplemental restraint system) will work in every accident situation. In some impact situations, the airbags are designed to not deploy. If you want to take on Toyota, you will require the services of a local attorney, see one soon.

Some Random Guy

Agreein with Racer here. If your car toppled (rolled?) 4 times, then it had a lot of kinetic energy, meaning that you probably lost control during a sharp turn or catching a wheel on something.

The airbags are designed to deploy in response to a sudden impact such as hitting a fixed object or another vehicle moving at a dramatically different speed. They will generally protect you only for a fraction of a second as the car has a suden decelleration in the impact. For a prolonged impact of rolling the car 4 times over a period of several seconds, an airbag will not help.

Contact a lawyer who can evaluate your case and find an automotive expert who can analyze the accident.

faithnlve

70-75 miles per hour? What was the speed limit? Thank the Lord you are still here today...and no one else was hurt.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
70-75 miles per hour? What was the speed limit? Thank the Lord you are still here today...and no one else was hurt.
Faith -

This thread was dead and buried (before you revived it)...please watch the dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">