• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anti-psychiatry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Conclusion..(.entire article at link below)
2001 UPDATE
"...biopsychiatry is a belief system, no more scientifically valid than any religion or philosophy. ... Iatrogenesis is defined as a doctor-inflicted injury, illness, or disease. ... In malpractice, a doctor is found guilty of acting against medical code in violation of the so-called standard of care. However, malpractice is only one kind of clinical iatrogenesis and is actually the least of our worries. Most of the damage inflicted by modern medicine occurs within the standard of care of ordinary practice. As noted, 106,000 Americans died in 1994 from medications that were administered properly, makng this the fourth leading cause of death, while two million more suffered from serious side effects. ... Among institutional psychiatrists and psychologists, there are two major strategies of 'treatment': drugs and behavior modification. There really is nothing else seriously discussed, and it would be fair to say that in institutional mental health 'treatment' is synonymous with 'manipulation.' ... institutional mental health's diagnoses are unreliable and invalid - and thus unscientific - rendering them more diversionary than useful. ... Know that sticks and stones may break your bones, but DSM* does permanent damage." Bruce Levine, Ph.D. (psychologist), Commonsense Rebellion: Debunking Psychiatry, Confronting Society (Continuum, New York, 2001), pp. 65, 103, 178, 269, 277.

*The DSM is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association.

http://www.antipsychiatry.org/abolish.htm

believe what you want but I believe this article is very acurate.

Last edited:

tigger22472

cbg said:
And this has what to do with any legal issue whatsoever?

I think he just likes to start threads to start them... he's got NUMEROUS threads, some like this... some actually asking for legal advice on a MULTITUDE of things however states he has a lawyer... YEAH RIGHT!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, here's a really easy answer for him.

Don't believe in psychiatry? Okay, don't go to a psychiatrist.

Problem solved.

There now, wasn't that easy?

mlane58

BelizeBreeze said:
There is no problem that a psychiatrist can solve that a pretty blonde with knee pads can't solve sooner ;)
Welcome back and glad to see you are feeling better and your statement is ever sooooooo true

fairisfair

BelizeBreeze said:
There is no problem that a psychiatrist can solve that a pretty blonde with knee pads can't solve sooner ;)
Well, apparently you are feeling better. LOL ;) We missed you.

cbg said:
And this has what to do with any legal issue whatsoever?

I didnt notice that anyone answered your question?

Maybe I should spell out a few words from the article and then you can ask an attorney if the words have any legal relation whatsoever.

Lets try..

1." M...A...L...P...R...A...C...T...I...C...E" I am not an attorney so you will have to ask someone else

If your following so far I will speed up a little. Lets try..
2.serious side effects
3. DEATH induced by medications

I may be wrong but I believe those are all tied to legal issues.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Now, perhaps we should point something else to you.

These boards are not here to provide you with a forum to post your opinions.

If someone had asked a question relating to psychiatric malpractice it MIGHT have been appropriate for you to respond with this information.

However, it is not for you to make unfounded statements on the idea that MAYBE someone might come along who might "benefit" from your ideas.

Cut it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">