• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Dell Lap Top

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artatake

From New Mexico.

I had purchase a lap top trough Dell. Used the phone because I did not have a credit card.

Wen I purchase the lap top the Dell representative told me that if I chose to pay by money order the lap top will take over four weeks to get to me. He recommended to use a friends credit card.

So I contacted a friend who agree in helping me.

The lap top came broken and defective. Dell agree to replace it. But the representative told me over the telephone that Dell policies was to refund for the lap top and for me to order another one. But wen I tried to get the refund Dell will not refund it to me but the credit card with it was purchased.

I complain about it because I could not get hold of the person who used the credit card. But Dell representatives say that was their policy and the only way I could solve my problem.

Wen I was able to contact the person I used the Credit card to purchase this lap to and contacted Dell, the representative told me that was too late.

I am prepare to fail a law suit against Dell as a pro se and since the transaction occurred trough state lines and the internet was involved on such transaction, I feel I should use US District Court to file.

Can some body help me on: How to file, how to present the case and how to label the case?

Thank you for your help> I bought this laptop to be able to record music and I have been able to do so and many problems occurred after and during the time I had the lap top.What is the name of your state?

moburkes

May companies (righfully so) will only refund money in the exact same payment method, so they were correct in only offering to refund the money to the credit card.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
moburkes said:
May companies (righfully so) will only refund money in the exact same payment method, so they were correct in only offering to refund the money to the credit card.
The reason for this is their agreement with the CC company. Purchasing something on credit and then getting a cash refund is against the rules. Otherwise, how could the CC company get their huge cash advance fees???

You Are Guilty

Unless this was the world's most expensive laptop, you may want to brush up on diversity jurisdiction while you're waiting for your refund.

xylene

moburkes said:
By the way, were you recording music LEGALLY on the laptop?
I'm sorry was their some way to conclude this poster was doing something illegal with recorded music?

Because they chose to handle their purchases like an idiot and not think of the consequences in executing a transaction through another persons credit card is only enough evidence for me to conclude they have financial issue or are not financially literate.

To the OP -

Hard lesson learned. One option if you don't have a CC is to buy a prepaid VISA or amex or etc. gift card to make online purchases.

moburkes

xylene said:
I'm sorry was their some way to conclude this poster was doing something illegal with recorded music?

Because they chose to handle their purchases like an idiot and not think of the consequences in executing a transaction through another persons credit card is only enough evidence for me to conclude they have financial issue or are not financially literate.

To the OP -

Hard lesson learned. One option if you don't have a CC is to buy a prepaid VISA or amex or etc. gift card to make online purchases.
No, there was no way to conclude, therefore I didn't conclude. Instead I asked a question. Thanks!

ecmst12

Dell's usual support policy is to ship you a new item then you return the defective one in the same box. Why won't they do that in this case?

weenor

Can some body help me on: How to file, how to present the case and how to label the case?

You really don't have a case.

artatake

Dell's usual support policy is to ship you a new item then you return the defective one in the same box. Why won't they do that in this case?
I ask the one of many Dell's representatives why they will not replace the lap top and told me that was their policy.

artatake

Yes

Call back and talk to a supervisor.
I did so many times and ask to be call between 9:00 am and 2:00, the supervisor call me allways wen I was working.

I have been send and call on the telephone numerous times. also I ask for the legal name of Dell and the adress. Dell representatives don't give me the information and all ways say that they wan to fixe the problem, and that a supervisor will contact me.

I have not the chance to talk to them since theycall me back wen I am working.

Status of limitation are running out and I want to proced filing againts Dell

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">