• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad gas, no seriously

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cody478

I live in Monroe MI, and yesterday my dads car broke down, We come to find out that the fuel injection system or something was clogged due to bad gas purchased at a local marathon gas station. the repairs are going to cost $400 and he had to rent a car at $35 per day to get back home and guess what the insurance won't pay for it because "it's not the cars fault" what i need to know is:
1) what are our legal rights, can we sue?
2) how would we go about obtaining reimbursment?
3) would the reimbursment include the rental car?
4) could it be settled out of court?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

seniorjudge

A: Anyone may sue anybody for anything at any time anywhere.

A: First, you must prove your case. (It will be impossible; just a word of warning before you start.)

A: See prior answer.

A: Yes.

HomeGuru

I live in Monroe MI, and yesterday my dads car broke down, We come to find out that the fuel injection system or something was clogged due to bad gas purchased at a local marathon gas station. the repairs are going to cost $400 and he had to rent a car at $35 per day to get back home and guess what the insurance won't pay for it because "it's not the cars fault" what i need to know is:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
**A: please provide your evidence that backs up your claim of "bad gas".
Do you have chemical tests completed by a certified lab?

**A: please provide your evidence that backs up your claim of "bad gas".
Do you have chemical tests completed by a certified lab?
Or has anyone else came forward with similar claims, there are many factors that lead to clogged fuel systems. One common one that gets blamed for bad gas is people letting there car get low on gas then filling it up flushing particles that accumulate on the bottom of the tank that can very easily clog injectors, filters you name it.Unless you can prove that the gas sold by that station was contaminated you will get no where, and that will be next to impossible to do. Unless others come forward with the same problem.

Hoe1979

First thing to do is notify the gas station. Keep a receipt if you still have it. If it is truly there fault they may just offer to pay for the cost of repair. They will know if there are contamination issues with their gas. How far did you drive the car before it broke down?

HomeGuru

First thing to do is notify the gas station. Keep a receipt if you still have it. If it is truly there fault they may just offer to pay for the cost of repair. They will know if there are contamination issues with their gas. How far did you drive the car before it broke down?
**A: more profit to gas stations- one part water to 2 parts gas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">