• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Black and Decker defective pressure washer hose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdehaven

Hello,I bought a Excel pressure made by Black and Decker from our local Homedepot store. The second time I used it the pressure fitting that connects to the hose blew off at 2600psi and the hose hit me in my eye causing serious injury.The cause of this accident was the pressure hose only went in the pressure fitting 3/8s of a inch and not 2 inches like it’s suppose to, causing the hose to blown off. I do have pictures of my eye the hose and fitting. I immediately went to the emergence room where they treated my eye. I was referred to a eye doctor. I called Black and Decker and the Consumer Safety Commission and reported what happened. Within a week Consumer Safety was out and took a report. The next week a third party adjuster from Black and Decker came out and took a report and took the pressure washer. This has been a one year ago. I have been to the eye doctors 6 times in the last year and have been through many changes with my eye. I have lost about 30 to 40 percent of my eye sight because of this. Black and Deck just sent me to Baltimore for a second option. The eye doctor up there said the same thing its permanent eye damage. I have lost about 30 to 40 percent of my eye sight because of this accident. I asked about Lasik, he said no because it might damage my eye more. This accident happened October 3, 2006. I cannot find a lawyer in my area that will take the case or even give any advise. They do not do product liability. My line of work is computer repair and even now I find it hard to do.I need some advise on what kind of damages I can claim. I would appreciate any advise.
Thank You

xylene

You live in Maryland. Maryland is not far from DC. DC = more lawyers than you can shake a stick at.

Only your own lawyer can assess the specific facts. The general aspects of your case were throughly discussed in your previous threads.

Best of luck in regaining some of your sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">