• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blade in blender broke off and fragmented in shake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hordeall

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have owned an oster blender for only like five months and on Monday I was making a shake like usual and it made a funny sound but I thought "maybe the blender is just getting dull and its shooting ice" so I didnt think to much of it. I poured it out and drank some of it but knew it didnt taste right so I added some sugar and blended again. I heard that sound again and was like geez now I have to buy a new blender so I stopped and poured it back in the glass took a sip and was like "thats a little better I guess". I then went to rinse it out and noticed a blade was missing and was horrified. I didnt see any pieces when i poured it down the sink or feel it when drinking because the other blades totally crushed the broken piece like a chunk of ice. I was in shock and didnt know what to do but knew metal in the body = poison. So I started to throw up for awhile hoping to get any traces out of my system. I then called poison control and they said that it was to late to do much about it since you need to get help immediately and throwing up could have cut my insides. They just said to look out for blood and to eat alot of fiber to catch any metal. Since then I have been very paranoid and feeling ill (mainly to stress I believe). I then emailed the company that very evening and told them of this problem and just today they responded by asking me to send in the blender and everything along with it so they could examine it and send me a new one. Im kind of mad they seemingly are blowing me off and offered me a new blender in 3-4 weeks.

Do I have any case?

racer72

hordeall said:
I was in shock and didnt know what to do but knew metal in the body = poison.
Ahhhh, help, I'm going to die!!!!! I let a doctor put a steel plate in my ankle a few years ago, ahhhh, I'm going to die!!!!!!
Seriously, blender blades are stainless steel and are not going to poisen you at all. If the blade could any way poisen you it would not have been used in an appliance used in food preparation. Unless you suffer some sort of medical problem, which is highly unlikely, accept the offer of a new blender.

xylene

racer72 said:
Ahhhh, help, I'm going to die!!!!! I let a doctor put a steel plate in my ankle a few years ago, ahhhh, I'm going to die!!!!!!
Seriously, blender blades are stainless steel and are not going to poisen you at all. If the blade could any way poisen you it would not have been used in an appliance used in food preparation. Unless you suffer some sort of medical problem, which is highly unlikely, accept the offer of a new blender.
Slivers of metal are injurious to the body

Finely devided metal filings, including steel, are quite (even fatally) toxic to the body.

That said-

I highly doubt the remaining blades could have powdered or even chipped any broken off piece.

I also am doubtlful the blade broke off while operating unless a rock was in in blender too.

I also think the fact that you found ZERO evidence of the blade... to be ridiculous.

As for the "taste"... I don't buy that either.

No case.

amina516

There is no possible way for a blender to completely puree a piece of metal. And secondly, if there did happen to be metal slivers in the shake, the worst possilbe thing for you to do would have been to throw up. You couldve seriously injured your esophagus and etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">