• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blood on burger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinjesse

What is the name of your state? Virginia

On Dec. 26th I was sitting down at Mcdonalds, getting ready to eat my two double cheeseburers with out ketchup. I take 3 bites out of my first burger and for some reason decided to set the burger upside down. I looked down and low an behold a blood stain on my bun. Now this blood stain wasn't real big. It looked like some one had drip blood on the outside of the bun, as there was a stain on the top and it had soaked into the bread, but not bled through all the way. I then looked to my buddy and asked him in my face was bleeding...It was not. I bit into a napkin to see if my mouth was bleeding...It was not.

I went and got the manager and asked her if she thought it was ketchup. She said she didn't know what it was but she also said that it wasn't ketchup. So we had to fill out an incident report, I got a signed letter stating that the managers were aware of the situation and so-forth. At that point the manager took the sandwich put it in a ziploc bag and stick it in the refrigerator. The manager then came to me a said that her supervisor would call me either that night or the next day....Never got the call.

Monday I received a letter from McDonalds insurance company, stating that I needed to call the immediately. The agent took my statement and I also sent her pictures of the sandwich. The agent then said they were going to start investigating.

So are they gonna offer me a settlement? can I take legal actions? what are my options?

JETX

So are they gonna offer me a settlement?
Absolutely!!
Heck, if you're really lucky, they might reimburse you for BOTH burgers.

can I take legal actions?
Yep. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. However, there is nothing in your post to indicate liability on their part.

what are my options?
To realize that absent any negligence or malice on their part, McDonald's owes you nothing.
Oh, you obviously have the option to return to McDonald's or not.

kleinjesse

Actually they refunded me my whole meal..haha.

But why would they have even bothered to file it to their insurance company? Unless they have to do it everytime. I just want some closure. If it infact was "human blood" I'm going to go public with it. I've kept quiet for now.

VeronicaLodge

if they offer you anything take it, you can try to sue but will probably end up with nothing. they make you a good will offer so that they dont have to spend money to win a case against you and to keep you as a customer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How were you harmed?

Look - the problem is that we are all, in the end, human. You were not damaged. This doesn't appear to be some act done with malice.

The reason the insurance company is involved is in case you DO decide to file some sort of law suit. Or, even if you just ask for reimbursement for (reasonable) medical care. (ie: a visit to the doctor with some tests run).

You have not hit the deep pockets lottery, but thanks for playing!

kleinjesse

well at least i humored the thought....most people around here woulda just thrown the burger away and eaten the other

RiotAct

Sorta along the fast-food train of thought here:

I think the public should have been allowed to sue the Wendy's Chili woman. Because of her, I can't BEAR to eat Wendy's chili and it was even a couple of years before I could eat any Wendy's food. We'd get Wendy's twice a week and then suddenly stopped. Luckily, our Wendy's is still open but the original one in Columbus shut down for lack of business.

If I found blood on a burger bun, no amount of free meals or coupons would shut me up! A big settlement might though. LOL

AdamWe

The funny part about this is it probably won't be the last time you go to McDonald's. No matter how bad I get treated there I still return.

Ozark_Sophist

I love a bloody steak. :D Cool, almost cold in the center.

A friend has a sound device that makes the sound of a cow. Next time I order rare steak ... :p

acmb05

Sue them. They will settle and you will be happy. If they have to pay some idiot for spilling hot coffee on herself they will surely pay you.

JETX

Sue them. They will settle and you will be happy. If they have to pay some idiot for spilling hot coffee on herself they will surely pay you.
Of course, that is stupid 'advice'.
First, he would have to find an attorney that is willing to file the claim.... on contingency.

The funny part about this is it probably won't be the last time you go to McDonald's. No matter how bad I get treated there I still return.

That is shameful...I haven't eaten ANY McDonalds in over 3 years!!!

cant beat a double cheeseburger and a small fry for 2 bucks!

Nope you can't...but in 20 years your going to regret that cellulite on your legs and your clogged arteries, can't beat the cost of those medical bills and medication your going to have to take:)

First, he would have to find an attorney that is willing to file the claim.... on contingency.

We are talking about Lawyers....you WILL find one..trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">