• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blood Clot from Seasonique Birth Control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samiann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Currently I'm 23, but at the age of 22 I was taking the birth control drug Seasonique. During this time I developed a blood clot in my right lower leg, which blood tests and doctors diagnosis have pointed to the birth control as the culprit. To this day, I still suffer from the effects of the blood clot.

Do I have any means of recourse?

Gail in Georgia

Financial recourse? No.

You do realize that blood clots are a potential side effect of ALL hormone containing birth control products, don't you.

Gail

lealea1005

Agreed. The list of risks/adverse reactions (including blood clots) is clearly stated in the print out you receive with your Rx from the pharmacy. Heck, it's even stated in their TV commercials.

ecmst12

Ok, well smoking is one thing that would raise your risk of blood clots. But either way, it is a known risk that you accepted when you went on the medication, you can't hold anyone else liable for it.

mommyof4

On the website for Seasonique, there is the same warning on EVERY page.

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
While you get 4 periods a year, you’re also more likely to have bleeding or spotting between periods. This can be slight to a flow like a regular period and should decrease over time.

Like other birth control pills, SEASONIQUE® has serious risks, which can be life threatening. They include blood clots, stroke, and heart attack. Smoking increases these risks, especially if you are over 35, so Pill users should not smoke.

Some women should not take the Pill, including women who have blood clots, certain cancers, a history of heart attack or stroke, as well as those who could be pregnant. The Pill does not protect against HIV infection or other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

samiann

Thank you for all your input. I am very glad that nothing tragic came from this. i guess this just shows that anything can happen and never think it wont happen to you. Thank You again!:)

Thank you for all your input. I am very glad that nothing tragic came from this. i guess this just shows that anything can happen and never think it wont happen to you. Thank You again!:)
It won't happen to me!!!! I'm glad nothing serious came from this, and hope that anything resulting from the blood clot has resolved itself. :)

Melinda0863

Seasonique, Yaz?

If those who have suffered from DVT's (blood clots) do not have recourse against Seasonique, then why are there successful lawsuits against Yaz - the other 3 month pill?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If those who have suffered from DVT's (blood clots) do not have recourse against Seasonique, then why are there successful lawsuits against Yaz - the other 3 month pill?
This thread is nearly a year and a half old. Please don't revive long-dead threads.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">