• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blood disorder diagnosis-doctor made wrong decision resulting in my sisters death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stacey spurgeon

i'm from the state of iowa,keokuk is the name of the city.
my twin sister was diagnosed last year of a blood disorder
called:t.t.p.=thrombotic thrombotipenia purpura.(i know that
secondword is misspelled)
she also had a diagnosis of bi-polar by a psychiatrist during the same period.
there was no communication between these physicians in which to treat her properly
she was on at least 11 different medications that altered
her ability to know that she was dying and needed plasma
exchanges immediately .dr.john lee her physician had told her a couple days prior to her death,when she went to see him because she wasn't feeling good.that her blood was a
little low and he would perscribe something for her.he says
when i spoke to him personnally that she knew how sick she
was and he had stressed to her if she didnt begin to feel
better within the next 24 hrs. she was to go to the emergency room immediately.well needless to say tracey told us she felt that dr.lee didnt believe her about how bad she
felt . when i spoke to dr.lee he kept saying stacey she knew
how ill she was and she waited to long to seek help,he said by the time she got to the emergency room she had already lost half her blood.my question is why did he send her by ambulance to university hospital in iowa city which is approximately 2hour drive- instead of air evac.(helicopter)
my sister died enroute to iowa city her heart stopped and theywent to washington hospital where she was pronounced dead.if he knew it was just a matter of time because she waited to long why why would he decide to send her on the
road.if he would of utilized the helicopter to get her there to begin plasma exchanges she would be alive today.

P

PamSJS

Dear Stacey:

My heart goes out to you and your family. You have obviously been through a terrible ordeal.

It is very difficult to make a proper determination from the information you've given. None the less, this wreaks of negligence or malpractice on somebody's part. I suggest you find a good medical malpractice attorney immediately and begin investigating the cause of your twins illness and death. Begin by going to the hospital, ambulance service, and all physicians and getting certified copies of your sisters medical records. Take them with you when you go to an attorney.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you in you search for the truth.

PamSJS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">