• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bolt In Our Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bethy764

What is the name of your state? MI

This evening my husband ran up to a local discount grocery store and purchased a half gallon of cookies and cream ice cream.

He dished us both out a bowl and we both began to eat and share our ice cream with our 14 month old teething child. We were about 1/4 way into the bowls when my husband gave our daughter a bite, then ate a bite right after. He looked up and said “What the Hel1!” He then spit out a one inch bolt with a head as wide as a dime and about 1/4 inch thick!

The bolt has serial numbers on it and some black on the threads, perhaps machine oil? I am guessing a machine from the factory had a glitch during the making.. My husband hit his tooth and it caused some minor pain, but we are still really upset over it, what if our daughter got that bite?

We called the store right away, they just said to bring it in and they will give us a new one... hmm... No, we don’t want the washer too!

Is there any claim here? It is very scary that our daughter could have choked and died!

racer72

The only claim you have is replacement of the defective product. No one was injured, you can't sue for would of's, could of's or should of's. Hold out for 2 half gallons of ice cream.

racer72 said:
The only claim you have is replacement of the defective product. No one was injured, you can't sue for would of's, could of's or should of's. Hold out for 2 half gallons of ice cream.

Or you could hold out for a gallon.

seniorjudge

bethy764 said:
What is the name of your state? MI

This evening my husband ran up to a local discount grocery store and purchased a half gallon of cookies and cream ice cream.

He dished us both out a bowl and we both began to eat and share our ice cream with our 14 month old teething child. We were about 1/4 way into the bowls when my husband gave our daughter a bite, then ate a bite right after. He looked up and said “What the Hel1!” He then spit out a one inch bolt with a head as wide as a dime and about 1/4 inch thick!

The bolt has serial numbers on it and some black on the threads, perhaps machine oil? I am guessing a machine from the factory had a glitch during the making.. My husband hit his tooth and it caused some minor pain, but we are still really upset over it, what if our daughter got that bite?

We called the store right away, they just said to bring it in and they will give us a new one... hmm... No, we don’t want the washer too!

Is there any claim here? It is very scary that our daughter could have choked and died!

Standard answer to the question: "I found a foreign object in my food...have I won the lawsuit lottery?"

Answer: Get back to work.

seniorjudge said:
Standard answer to the question: "I found a foreign object in my food...have I won the lawsuit lottery?"

Answer: Get back to work.
That's the spirit!!!:D

OT: This new forum layout is awesome:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">