• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broke my tooth on Sonic Hamburger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmyokum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.
On August 28th, while eating a hamburger at Sonic, I bit down on something hard in the sandwich and broke my crown. I told the Sonic manager immediately, got her business card, saved my receipt, and went directly to my dentist. My dentist took pictures, documented my damaged tooth, polished the sharp edge so as not to cut my tongue any more and gave me an estimate of 1,048.00 to fix the damage.
I contacted the manager, a bit of a run-around, then the owner of the Sonic franchise. He told me his insurance adjuster would be contacting me. After a couple of days, and after calling the owner again, the insurance adjuster did call me to tell me that Sonic was not liable for the damage to my tooth as they did not "prepare" the beef patties, but just served them. She said she would pass my information on to the distributors of the beef patties for my claim. I haven't heard anything more from anyone.
Who is liable for this? What do I do next?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Send a demand to Sonic, certified, return receipt requested. Give them a reasonable time (10 business days would be reasonable, imo) to reimburse you for the expenses incurred. If they don't comply, sue them in small claims court.
Your beef is not with the distributor...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow, so this time, you AGREE?

Based on the information you gave us last month, I have to say that your case sounds weak (and your tooth even weaker)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">