• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cabals Cooker Smoker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blueonager

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I purchased a cooker /smoker from Cabalas. While using it the thremometer on the lid exploded. No one was hurt although my daughter had just been looking at the thermometer. The glass from the dial went everywhere. We were unable to eat the food we had just prepared because of the glass. What can or should I do? Thanks

racer72

Contact the manufacturer of the smoker and tell them you want a replacement thermometer. You can also ask for the cost of the food that was ruined.

Nativity

If you just recently purchased it your best bet would be to return it to Cabela's if they are nearby and exchange it either for a new one or see if they'll refund your money.

No damage was done so you wouldn't have a case to sue for. I'm not really sure how that very little thermometer could have ruined an entire meal; but maybe for safety. Your daughter's face should never be that close to a cooker!! Cabela's may be able to argue that you didn't control your temp well enough causing the Temp to burst if you did attempt to pursue this legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">